Saturday, July 27, 2013

7 Things I've Learned Recently #3

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank you all for your continued support. Since I really enjoy writing my new "7 Things I've Learned Recently" series and you guys seem to like it, I figured I'd stick with it. Check out the first two if you haven't already. Thanks!

-Drinkware that detects drugs - A company called DrinkSavvy created drinkware that can detect roofies and other rape drugs. This is one of the coolest new things of 2013 and bars/clubs/social events everywhere should start using these cups, glasses, straws, and stirrers to show their commitment to fighting sexual assault. In case you're wondering how you can tell whether or not there might be something in your drink, check out this image. Pretty self-explanatory.


-Dress for the job you want, not the job you have - Ah, the old adage. I don't agree with it entirely, but it is a great piece of advice--especially for criminals.  Some guy committed a robbery in Spokane, WA (where I'm flying out of today, woo!) recently and they didn't manage to catch him... at first. Long story short, cops found security footage and saw a tattoo on the side of his neck. And what did it have? His name. So yeah, you can probably figure out how easy it was to catch him after that.

I would never encourage anyone to become a felon, but if you feel compelled to to commit crimes, make sure you don't tattoo your name on the side of your neck. 

-Clap-off bra - I don't know what it's like to walk around all day wearing a bra but I understand it can be pretty constricting? Anyways, someone just made a bra that you can take off by simply clapping. All in all, this is a cool concept, but is it really a wise idea? Just think about what would happen at the end of a classy concert or a wedding ceremony if these became popular. 

-If you're scared of spiders... - Well, just read this. Thanks Cracked and thanks spiders! You're awesome.


-You can be naked in Barcelona, but not half-naked - My friend Angel studied in Barcelona +for a year and he told me that apparently it's illegal to be half-naked (shirtless) in public in the streets of Barcelona. However, due to some technicality, it's totally legal to be completely naked in public and Angel even saw a man who would often be seen riding his bike naked.

-Where did the huddle come from? - Yes, I'm talking about when football players gather around in a circle and fire each other up and go over a play. Well back in 1892, Gallaudet University had a player who was deaf, meaning that other players were only able to communicate with him through hand signals. Noticing that players from the opposing team could read these signals, the Gallaudet squad "huddled" in a circle to hide their hand signals from the other team. And now football and cricket players everywhere do it too!

-Mind-controlled cybernetic limbs - The future looks bright for amputees as mind-controlled prosthetic limbs will be available sometime in the near future. It's one of the coolest technological advancements I've heard in a while, and hopefully it will improve the quality of life of amputees. You can complain as much as you want, but technology's awesome. It really is.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe I could get another arm.. or maybe I can get a whole body and live in my house but still get groceries... no wait! I should make an army that will follow my every bidding and wreak havoc over the world! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I'm liking his blog I think I'll follow once I figure out how to xD

    ReplyDelete