Sunday, July 21, 2013

7 More Things I've Learned Recently

Check out last week's edition of random crap I've learned recently if you haven't already. Since it was my most viewed blog post, I decided to do another one.

-The cigarette lighter was invented before the match - Woah, really? That's pretty cool. Wait, so why did they even bother making matches? I thought the whole point of technology was to make life easier and safer for people. During my 8th or 9th birthday, my mom was trying to light the candles of my cake, and the head of a match went flying to my chest as she tried to ignite the match. A cigarette lighter just seems smarter. Anyways...

 -Following the Pope on Twitter gets you closer to heaven - So...yeah. Apparently following the Pope on Twitter reduces your waiting time in purgatory. You still have to prey and confess your sins, but Twitter is the key to seeing God's light in a timely fashion.

-Muirfield doesn't allow women to join - In case you don't know, Muirfield is where the 2013 edition of one of golf's four big tournaments, The Open, took place, and apparently they don't allow women to join as members. It's been around since the 19th century but it's 2013. Why haven't they changed their policies?


-I look like someone who likes comedies - I finally got around to opening a bank account in Idaho, and my personal banker scanned me and said I look like someone who likes to watch comedies. This guy claims that I could be a character in the Hangover and American Pie movies. Good to know.

-60 percent of NBA players go broke after 5 years - I'd feel bad for them... but all this does is make me laugh. Seriously, if someone's making over $400,000 a year (the best players make gazillions), I would've imagined that they would hire a financial adviser or maybe, oh I don't know, use common sense?

-Rebecca Black was born... - on a Saturday. Yup, now you know.

-It's truly amazing what the human body is capable of - Seriously, we're so full of potential. It's unbelievable what we can achieve if we put our minds to it. If you ever feel like you're just a spec in the microcosm who's incapable of achieving anything, just remember this.


PS: Please don't figure out a way to do this. I just wanted to let you know how awesome you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment